20 minutes plus at least 1 hour to rise
This is the recipe that I use to make pizza dough. I use all whole wheat flour. For the sauce I use Muir Glen organic pizza sauce.
For steps 1 and 2 I use a Kitchen Aid bowl and stand mixer with the dough hook attachment.
approximately 20-30 minutes
2 pizza crusts
- 2 1/4 teaspoon – yeast, active dry (1 packet)
- 1/2 teaspoon – brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup – water
- 1 teaspoon – salt
- 2 tablespoon – olive oil
- 1 2/3 cup – flour, all-purpose
- 1 2/3 cup – flour, whole wheat
- Dissolve yeast and brown sugar in water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir in salt, oil and flour. Knead dough on floured surface just until not sticky. Put in greased bowl and let rise till double (1 hour)
- Punch dough down, let sit on pizza pan for a few minutes. Then roll out. Let sit again for 10 minutes
- Roll out on pizza pan. Cook at 425 for about 10 minutes. Add desired toppings and return to oven for 10-15 minutes (bottom rack ideal- or close to bottom)